farm site in summer
Printer Friendly Version  Email A Friend  Add This  Increase Text Size  Decrease Text Size

Transfer Title on a Manufactured (Mobile) Home

To transfer a title on a Manufactured (Mobile) home, bring the following information to the Auditor/Treasurer's office which is located on the main floor of the Douglas County Courthouse building:

​    Parcel number, if available
    Make/model of unit
    Size of unit
    Serial/Vin #
    Date of sale
    Purchase/sale price $
    Owners name, address and phone number
    Buyers name, address, phone number and Social Security number
    A copy of the tax statement, if available
    The title to the manufactured home

A form called "Manufactured Home Tax Clearance Form" can be printed out to help you gather that information.  The Auditor/Treasurer's Office will check for any unpaid taxes.  All unpaid taxes must be paid before a manufactured home can be transferred.  The Auditor/Treasurer's staff will then send you to the License Bureau which is located in the Services Center building.