VINE (Victim Information Notification Everyday)
What is VINE?
VINE (Victim Information and Notification Everyday) is a service through which victims of crime can use the telephone or Internet to search for information regarding their offender's custody status and register to receive telephone and e-mail notification when their offender's custody status changes.
You can use the telephone to search for and register to receive notification about the custody status of an offender - each state/county has his or her own toll-free VINE phone number.
You can search for and register to receive notification about the custody status of an offender via VINELink at www.vinelink.com.
Where is VINE available?
VINE is currently available in 42 states. If the inmate for whom you’re searching is in custody at a corrections facility that participates in VINE, you should be able to locate custody information.
VINELink is not a paid service. It is completely FREE.
VINELink Frequently Asked Questions
How do I search for an offender and register to receive notification using VINELink?
Please note that you may register to receive notification for custody status changes only for offenders currently in custody.
To use VINELink to search for an offender in custody, please follow these steps:
1. Go to www.vinelink.com
2. Click on the state in which the offender is housed.
3. Choose the Search tab across the top of the navigation page.
4. Select Offender in the Search for screen, type the full Last Name of the person for whom you are searching, as well as at least the first initial of the First Name, then click Search.
5. Verify the information for the offender that matches the person for whom you search.
To use VINELink to register to receive notification about changes in an offender’s custody status, please follow these steps:
1. Complete steps 1 through 5 above.
2. Click Details next to the appropriate offender.
3. On the Register for Notification screen, choose your Method of Registration and Language, then click Continue.
4. Complete the required information for registration.
5. Click Register.