When you report to the Douglas County Jail you must:
- Be on time
- Be alcohol/drug free
- Bring your commitment order
- If you arrive late or under the influence of drugs or alcohol you will face discipline imposed by the jail
**** When checking in, go to the west side of the jail (parking lot between jail and Sun Opta plant) and go to Door #2128. Push the button on the silver intercom panel to contact a Correctional Officer who will assist you.
Items you may bring:
- Tennis shoes
- Money (cash or money orders only)
- Photographs (limit of five photos, size 4 x 6 only) No Polaroid photos allowed. Photos MAY NOT contain gang graffiti, unclothed persons
- Medical supplies (i.e. medications, CPAP machines, diabetic supplies) Patches are not allowed.
Contact the jail’s medical department at ph 320-762-3007 with any questions relating to medications and medical supplies that are allowed or not allowed within the facility.
Do NOT bring:
- Any type of electronic devices
- Jewelry and watches (No body jewelry of any kind is allowed; if they are not removed prior, they will be removed at time of booking)
- Personal grooming/hygiene items
Normal daily release time begins at 9:00 am.
Please note that no inmate releases will take place during the following timeframes:
7:00 am – 9:00 am
11:00 am – 1:00 pm
4:30 pm – 7:00 pm
If an inmate goes to court and is ROR’d (released on their own recognizance) the release process averages approximately one (1) hour; however, this process may take longer.
If you are picking someone up who is being released, please park on the west side of the jail facility (parking lot between the jail and Sun Opta plant). Inmates are released through Door #2128 on west side of building.