Liquor Licenses available in Douglas County:
Type of License
Fee for License
|3.2 Percent Off-Sale Beer
|3.2 Percent On-Sale Beer 12 Months
|3.2 Percent On-Sale Beer (Daily)
||$35.00 per day
|Intoxicating Liquor Off-Sale
|Intoxicating Liquor On-Sale
|Sunday Liquor License
Consumption and Display (Set-up) License is $250. Check payable to Alcohol Gambling Enforcement.
Liquor Licensing Requirements for Douglas County
1. Complete/Fill out applications
- Include listing any violations
- The name of the Applicant/Licensee must be the "True Name" - "True Name" means: the full name of an individual, if a sole proprietorship; the true full name of the church/non-profit organization; the true full name of each partner in a partnership; the full corporate name as stated in the Articles of Incorporation, if a corporation.
2. Submit Certificate of Liability Insurance
- The name and address on the Certificate of Liability Insurance must match exactly with the names on the liquor license application.
- The dates on the Certificate of Liability Insurance must match with the dates of the license.
- If your total sales of On-Sale 3.2% malt liquor are less than $25,000 per year or your total sales of Off-Sale 3.2% malt liquor are less than $50,000 per year you do not need a Certificate of Liability Insurance, however you must indicate this on your application.
3. Registration with the Secretary of State
- If the Trade Name differs from the Licensee name, the trade name must be registered with the Secretary of State.
- If the Licensee's name is a corporation, partnership, or other type of business organization such as a charitable or religious organization - the Applicant must be registered with the Secretary of State.
- Contact the Secretary of State for the forms to register your business at the following website: (send a copy of the application showing proof you registered with the Secretary of State) www.sos.state.mn.us/business/forms.html
4. Applicant has authority to sign on behalf of the Licensee
- Sole proprietorship - the owner must sign the application (unless the Applicant has written authority from the Sole proprietor to do so, a copy of the authority must be submitted with your application)
- Corporation/Unincorporated/Association - the CEO or President must sign (unless the Applicant has written authority from the Board of Directors to do so, a copy of the authority must be submitted with your application.) Indicate your position (CEO, President, etc) next to your signature on the application.
- Partnership - a general partner must sign (unless the Applicant has written authority from the partners to do so, a copy of the authority must be submitted with your application)
5. Submit Township approval, the name on the township approval must match with the applicant.
6. Submit a Point of Sale sketch/map of the area the alcohol will be consumed.
7. Submit your fees. (Checks should be made out to Douglas County Auditor-Treasurer)
MN Department of Public Safety Requirements
View a checklist of forms and requirements needed to complete Licensing process with the State of Minnesota: www.dps.state.mn.us/alcgamb/alcenf/licreq.htm
Certified Liquor Training Programs
Employee training programs are designed to prevent the sale of alcoholic beverages to minors. Participation is voluntary on the part of the licensees and permittees. Nonetheless, in the event of a substantiated violation of the Ordinance, a licensee or permittee who can sufficiently demonstrate that such a program has been implemented in a given license or permit year shall be eligible for reduced penalties.
On-Line Training visit: Affordable Alcohol Training at http://www.affordablealcoholtraining.com/
Frequently Asked Questions: www.dps.state.mn.us/alcgamb/alcenf/alcfaq.html#top
Application for catering licenses: www.dps.state.mn.us/alcgamb/alcgamb/CATER.pdf
Information on liquor laws: www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/stats/340A/
Register your organization with the Secretary of State at www.sos.state.mn.us/business/forms.html
Information regarding 2:00 A.M. Bar Closing: www.dps.state.mn.us/alcgamb/2amindustryletter.htm
305 8th Ave W
Alexandria, MN 56308
Department of Public Safety
444 Cedar Street, Suite 133
St. Paul, MN 55101-2156